I didn’t think I was one of those people who had multiple books on the go, but recently I was going through my room, and I picked up all the books I have started and failed to finish, and here they are:
- The Oxford Book of French Short Stories – I started these relatively recently, but I couldn’t continue it as my only book on the go, so I put it next to my bed, and I sometimes pick it up at bedtime to read one of the stories.
- Inferno (Dante Alighieri) – This was taking so long to read that I started another book. And another, and another – until I had completely forgotten I was even ‘reading’ Dante.
- Youcat – The Youth Catechism, I want to read it to help me with my faith. I’ve only got to page 14 though.
- Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour (Morgan Matson) – Everyone was buzzing about how much they loved this book, but I found it a tad boring and hard to get through really. But I will finish it someday!
- Poetry Please – This is such a huge book, there is no way I am getting through it anytime soon, but I enjoy reading the poetry.
- Sherlock Holmes, The Complete Illustrated Short Stories (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) – As with the French stories, I am reading one every so often.
- Sherlock Holmes, The Complete Illustrated Novels (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) – I’ve only read one so far, and it’s going a little slowly.
- Tennyson, Poetry Selection – One of the first poetry collections I ever started, I’m getting through it slowly, but surely!
- A Game of Thrones (George R.R. Martin) – The novel I am currently ploughing my way through!
I think this has become this bad because I hate not finishing books, so I put them on the side to be picked up later.
Let me know about the books you are reading. Anyone got more than 9 books on the go?