Welcome to a new year! This year, I am going to be continuing this blog, hopefully going to be doing some wrap-ups, TBRs and hauls, so stay tuned for that, and follow the blog to get the latest updates!
All the books I’ve read this year (I update this as frequently as I can):
The books which are in italics are the ones which have contributed towards my Popsugar Reading Challenge
13 Reasons Why
The 5th Wave
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Love Letters to the Dead
Fifty Shades of Grey (Trilogy)
Let It Snow
The Night Circus
The Kite Runner
Nothing Left to Loose
City of Ashes
A Natural History of Dragons: A Memoir by Lady Trent
Blue Lily, Lily Blue
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour
The Periodic Kingdom
The Magician’s Nephew
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone
The Voyage of The Dawn Treader
I try to write a review for all of these books! Those which I have, I’ve hyperlinked to the page, so click it for my thoughts (all links open in a new tab).
Here are my reading goals for this year:
- Read 50 books in the year (39/50)
- Finish 5 series (2/5)
- The Selection (3 books)
- The Inheritance Cycle (4 books)
- Complete the ‘Around the World’ reading challenge:
- Read one book for each continent
- Asia – Cinder
- North America
- South America
- Visit 5 capital cities in books
- Visit 15 different countries
- Read one book for each continent
- I am also participating in popsugars reading challenge (see below)
So let’s see how that goes! I will be updating you on my progress. Here are my writing goals:
- Write a book
- (Participate in NaNoWriMo) – due to my exams in December, I don’t know how wise this is…
And here are my blogging goals:
- Keep my blog going for the whole year – stick with it!
- Get 2000 views altogether on this blog
- Get 50 followers
Popsugars Reading Challenge
(Disclaimer: I did not create this challenge: visit here)
Check out my June update on how I’m doing here
- A book with more than 500 pages Recently bought ‘A Game of Thrones’ for this purpose – literally grabbed the first big book I saw in the shop. Over 700 pages, will this suffice? 🙂
- A classic romance What a great ‘excuse’ to finally read Pride and Prejudice?
- A book that became a movie This should be easy!
- A book published this year Looking forward to tons of great releases this year… ‘Winter’, ‘Fairest’, ‘The Heir’, etc!
- A book with a number in the title
- A book written by someone under 30 Maybe I’ll be able to get to ‘Frankenstein’ this year – written by Mary Shelley when she was 18!
- A book with non-human characters
- A funny book This might be slightly challenging… I don’t normally read humour novels, but I’d love to look around!
- A book by a female author
- A mystery or thriller What about Dan Brown’s ‘The Lost Symbol’? Can you believe that I still haven’t read it yet! I think the size intimidates me…
- A book with a one-word title
- A book of short stories ‘Let It Snow’? ‘Rags and Bones’? I’ve got a few of these on my TBR shelf.
- A book set in a different country Oh please! Most of the books on my shelf are set in different countries! (does Middle Earth count do ya reckon?)
- A nonfiction book Currently pacing myself through ‘Do No Harm’ – the first proper non-fiction book I’ve ever read!
- A popular author’s first book ‘The Book Thief’? ‘The Knife of Never Letting Go?’ What was John Green’s first novel? Anthony Horowitz? Malorie Blackman? This will be fun!
- A book from an author you love that you haven’t read yet ‘The Lost Symbol’ could also count for this one… Also ‘Inheritance’ by Christopher Paolini
- A book a friend recommended Easy!
- A Pulitzer Prize-winning book This is something that I would have to research, but sounds fun!
- A book based on a true story I guess this doesn’t have to be a non-fiction book, but I love these kind of books!
- A book at the bottom of your to-read list I don’t think this will be easy; the book on the bottom of my to-read list is ‘The Woman in White’ – a considerably sizeable classic…
- A book your mum loves Another easy one – my mum has great taste!
- A book that scares you I don’t know many books which scare me, maybe ‘The Woman in White’?
- A book more than 100 years old Lots of these! Just don’t know if I have the willpower to get through another classic…
- A book based entirely on its cover To be honest, I don’t know exactly what this one means? Probably one which I will keep an eye out for throughout the year.
- A book you were supposed to read in school but didn’t We aren’t set a whole lot of reading in my school, and those that we do, I read… So I may just re-read another school literature project.
- A memoir I’ve never read a memoir, very interested though!
- A book you can finish in a day Great one for the holidays in the summer.
- A book with antonyms in the title ‘a word opposite in meaning to another (e.g. bad and good)’ Should be able to find one of these!
- A book set somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit Um… America! Okay, I’ll narrow it down further!
- A book that came out the year you were born I kinda wanna take this further… What about to the month and day?
- A book with bad reviews Every book in the world has had at least one bad review… I’ll go onto Goodreads and read one of the least popular books! One of the ones I’m not really looking forward to.
- A trilogy
- A book from your childhood
- A book with a love triangle
- A book set in the future
- A book set in high school
- A book with a colour in the title
- A book that made you cry
- A book with magic
- A graphic novel
- A book by an author you’ve never read before
- A book you own but have never read
- A book that takes place in your hometown
- A book that was originally written in a different language
- A book set during Christmas
- A book written by an author with your same initials
- A play
- A banned book
- A book based on or turned into a TV show What about the Vampire Diaries? Pretty Little Liars? Oh, if only Grey’s Anatomy was a book – It would make this so easy!
- A book you started but never finished I’ve got plenty of these to choose from!
There they are! Happy reading, and help me reach my goals by following? Thanks for reading! 🙂